Hubertus, Hereditary Prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
|The Hereditary Prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, Duke of Saxony|
|Born||16 September 1975|
Kelly Jeanne Rondestvedt
|House||Saxe-Coburg and Gotha|
|Father||Andreas, Prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha|
Hubertus Michael, Hereditary Prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (born 16 September 1975) is the heir of the head of the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha which ruled the Duchy of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha until 1918 and provided the monarchs of Portugal until 1910, Bulgaria until 1946, the United Kingdom until 2022 and Belgium until the present reign.
Hubertus was born on 16 September 1975 in Hamburg, the elder son of Andreas, Prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha and of his wife, Carin Dabelstein. He studied Law at the University of Würzburg from 1997 to 1999. He attended the London School of Economics from 1999 to 2000 and the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich from 2000 to 2003.
Hubertus worked as a lawyer for a bank in New York specialising in wealth management. At the beginning of 2012 he moved back from New York to Coburg where he is on the board of the family foundation - the Stiftung der Herzog von Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha'schen Familie.
Hubertus married American investment banker Kelly Jeanne Rondestvedt (b. Pensacola, Escambia County, Florida, 10 January 1975) civilly on 21 May 2009 in Coburg and religiously on 23 May 2009 at Callenberg Castle in Coburg.
Hubertus and Kelly have three children:
- Princess Katharina Victoria Elizabeth Cheryl of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, was born on 30 April 2014 in Coburg and was baptized on 14 September 2014 at Schloss Callenberg. Her godparents are: Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, Ernst August, Hereditary Prince of Hanover, Duchess Elisabeth in Bavaria, Countess Katharina of Faber-Castell and Prince Konstantin-Assen of Bulgaria.
- Prince Philipp Hubertus Andreas Christian of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, was born on 15 July 2015 in Munich. Prince Philipp was baptized on 14 November 2015 at Schloss Callenberg. His godparents are: King Philippe of Belgium, Countess Alexandra von Schönborn, Bernhard, Hereditary Prince of Baden, Prince Carl von Wrede and Carina Axelsson.
- Princess Madeleine Aurelia Viktoria Carin of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha was born on 22 February 2017 in Munich and was baptized on 2 July 2017 at Schloss Callenberg. Her godparents are: Georg Friedrich, Prince of Prussia, Princess Anna of Bavaria, Alexandra-Nadejda Chrobok Raposo de Magalhães, Countess Clémence von der Schulenburg and Count Benedikt von Abensperg und Traun.
- Debrett's Peerage and Baronetage: With Her Majesty's Royal Warrant Holders. Debrett's Peerage. 1990. p. 109.
- "Homepage". www.sachsen-coburg-gotha.de.
- "Hubertus Sachsen Coburg und Gotha - International Private Banker/Rechtsanwalt - Deutsche Bank AG New York". XING AG.
- "Ein Prinz kehrt heim nach Coburg".
- Neue Presse Coburg | Stolpersteine für die Traumhochzeit